Thursday, May 7, 2009

Greetings

Hello All and welcome to my blog...

I find it weird creating an internet space where I'll be writing mostly about myself, but I think it will be very helpful in keeping all of you up-to-date with how my summer is going. 

I want to first thank all of you for your encouragement and support while I've continued to play soccer in college, and now this summer.  The exciting part about the opportunity this summer is that I will not only be playing soccer but being encouraged by my teammates and coaches to use soccer as a means to love people...  Being a graduate I get that infamous question, "What are you gonna do now?"  For the longest time I really had no idea what it was that I wanted to do, so I just said "Love people, and maybe get paid for it some day..."  While I'm still not getting paid for it, I feel God has continually presented me with opportunities that bring me closer and closer to loving people for a living.  

That brings me to where I am at now, graduating from Belmont University on the 16th (only 9 days and two more tests...) with a degree in Biology, and with the plans of returning to Belmont University to earn my Masters in Sports Administration while working a graduate assistant (GA) position with the campus recreation department.  The great part about the GA position is I will be heading up a new department of campus recreation called Outdoor Pursuits, where I'll be organizing all sorts of great trips that I will get to go on... hiking, camping, caving, rafting, canoeing....  no complaints. While taking classes in the evening and doing my GA duties I'll probably look into other coaching and playing opportunities as well, I'll admit that I don't feel like I'm done playing soccer just yet.

In the upcoming days I'll be sure to post more information about the Seahorse organization, as well as Missionary Athletes International so you all can have a good look at what we are about and get a better idea of what I'll be doing this summer.  Until then, all the best and be blessed,

-Cyrus

1 comment:

  1. Cy , this is a great idea. Even though I talk with you a few times a week, I don't always ask the right questions to get this much imformation.The Graduation was a great time and we really love Belmont and the Nashville area.
    Keep up the good work, Love Dad

    ReplyDelete